Altering the g-code

General discussion, news and announcements
DiMaker

Altering the g-code

Post by DiMaker » 09 Mar 2020, 23:15

Hello,

I am printing a large object in a B2X300 that takes more than 1 full day to print. However, after 10 hours of printing the feeder got jammed and the printer was printing nothing for sometime.
I tracked in which layer it stopped printing and so my idea was to go to the g-code, eliminate the layers that were already printed and continue from there. However, when I start a new printing the printer always does a home and bed leveling. I am not sure which code lines I should eliminate from the g-code to get rid of those commands if possible. I haven't moved the object or the bed, everything is in the exact same place.

Could you please help me?

Thank you very much!

pmarques

Re: Altering the g-code

Post by pmarques » 11 Mar 2020, 09:14

Hi DiMaker,
As I understand it, the need to do a Home procedure on the begining of the print is so that the printer can get a reference point to the zeros of the axies. Only after that can it start to move by executing the number of steps programmed to achieved the necessary height on the Z axis and find the layer you need.
So it is indeed rather difficult for the printer to find the correct height for the layer to resume print without this procedure, making it very difficult, if not impossible, to recover a print under these conditions.