Calibrate auto leveling module

This new DIY 3D printer kit is a result of a vast market research and hours of development and engineering. It is an open source project, which means this is a versatile product that you can build upon and make it your own.
toffeljur

Calibrate auto leveling module

Post by toffeljur » 01 Jun 2019, 10:56

Hi!

<tl;dr>
Auto leveling module doesn't turn down to a vertical position, is it possible to recalibrate?
</tl;dr>

Me and a friend bought the B2X300 as our first printer and just finished assembling it yesterday.
During the self test we discovered that the guide rods and threaded rods for the vertical axis (Y-axis?) were misaligned and had to be manually manipulated for us to get that sorted.
When we ran the self test again the carrier had ended up too far down so the arm on the auto leveling module couldn't turn all the way down which meant that the hotend crashed into the printing bed. When that happened I think the auto leveling module got knocked out of alignment because after we stopped the printer and reset everything (with the carrier for the hotend about halfway up this time) the arm just turns about 45 degrees instead of all the way down to a vertical position. Is there any way of recalibrating it?
I've looked through the documentation and menus on the printer and found nothing, but I feel like since it's a servo one should be able to just tell the machine to set it to the stowed position and then go step by step to the correct position, and then from there step it through to the deployed position.

Cheers!

DomingosRodrigues

Re: Calibrate auto leveling module

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 03 Jun 2019, 10:00

Hello toffeljur,

Unfortunately by what you described the autocalibration module broke one of it's inner gears and that's the reason for it not to rotate the full 80º it should, the only way to fix it is to replace the servomotor on the module (not recommended as that required realigning the servomotor to ensure it rotates to be parralel to the buildplate once probing) or to buy a new module. Please contact customer_service@beeverycreative.com for more information.

The servo is set to be in the stowed position all the time, except when probing. If it doesn't lift completely when the printer is restarted it is damaged. To stop the servo at it's engaged position, just go on the LCD on "Maintenance" > "Auto home", wait for the X and Y axis home, and once the Z axis(vertical) starts lowering disable the printer. The option to rotate it manually was disabled as it did not add any additional debugging option and could allow users do damage it accidentally.

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

TravisBoutwell

Post by TravisBoutwell » 07 Jun 2019, 12:03

toffeljur wrote:
01 Jun 2019, 10:56
Hi!

<tl;dr>
Auto leveling module doesn't turn down to a vertical position, is it possible to recalibrate?
</tl;dr>

Me and a friend bought the B2X300 as our first printer and just finished assembling it yesterday.
During the self test we discovered that the guide rods and threaded rods for the vertical axis (Y-axis?) were misaligned and had to be manually manipulated for us to get that sorted.
When we ran the self test again the carrier had ended up too far down so the arm on the auto leveling module couldn't turn all the way down which meant that the hotend crashed into the printing bed. When that happened I think the auto leveling module got knocked out of alignment because after we stopped the printer and reset everything (with the carrier for the hotend about halfway up this time) the arm just turns about 45 degrees instead of all the way down to a vertical position. Is there any way of recalibrating it?
I've looked through the documentation and menus on the printer and found nothing, but I feel like since it's a servo one should be able to just tell the machine to set it to the stowed position and then go step by step to the correct position, and then from there step it through to the deployed position.

Cheers!
Hi,

Thank for sharing this information as recently I bought my first printer and was very confused for the guide rods and threaded rods .. As these has to be manually manipulated . :D :D

toffeljur

Post by toffeljur » 09 Jun 2019, 16:20

Ah, I see. Thanks!