Forum under maintenance. Please contact us at customer_service@beeverycreative.com

Failed prints on new build (using rigid.ink)

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
Keithtron
Failed prints on new build (using rigid.ink)

Post by Keithtron » 02 Mar 2017, 22:29

Hi! I bought a 3d printer for Christmas, but didn't have much time to use it after the build due to seriously intense work overtime. Anyway, I just finished the film I've been crunching on, so it's time to get this thing working!

Initial tests haven't worked very well. I tried a couple basic models of nuts 'n' bolts that I downloaded from Thingiverse, as well as the classic boat. Not much success, everything's printing with lots of gaps. I've tried increasing the amount of flow, but that didn't seem to help.

I'm using rigid.ink PLA filament, and I believe I was running a temperature of 230 degrees & 50 degree bed. I tried a couple different thickness settings, but I'll need to dig a bit and see what they were.

Anyway, based on the photos of my failed results, does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be? Thanks in advance for any input!

Film CGI/FX artist, electronic musician, maker of things
http://mechanicalvein.com
http://keithdigital.com

Mic_Hazelburn

Re: Failed prints on new build (using rigid.ink)

Post by Mic_Hazelburn » 03 Mar 2017, 10:02

Hey Keithtron,

you don't need to set the temperature from PLA over 215°C. Some PLAs are better with hotter temps but give it a try with less than 230°C.

The other thing, this looks like you are too fast. Set the movement to 35 and give it a new try. Flow always 100 is enough for the hBp.

Are you sure the bed is totally even? The Nozzle should have ah hight from the bed, that is a little bit higher than a piece of normal paper.

Please try it and give us your feedback ;-)