Colorfabb PA-CF problems

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
Dominofix

Colorfabb PA-CF problems

Post by Dominofix » 07 Oct 2018, 16:29

So I tried printing with Colorfabb PA-CF but having issues once it starts printing the actual model.
I first will do a 10mm extrusion which it does fine and also the skirt which goes fine.

Once it starts printing the actual model, no filament goes out. The extrusion wheel/stepper is turning so its not that.

Im using Slicer Prusa edition.
Nozzle heat is 265C (recommended 260-270), bed 40C.

Should I put the heat higher or is there something else im over looking?

Other filaments like PLA and nGen from colorfabb works like a charm.

MrDoom

Re: Colorfabb PA-CF problems

Post by MrDoom » 08 Oct 2018, 15:10

Hello Dominofix,

Have you made the adjustments mentioned on this document viewtopic.php?f=8&t=784 more specifically the one on page 5 as it allows you to tighten the pressure on the filament much more than it is possible on the original build.

It seems you are have either a problem with the temperature, try a little higher, for example 280 then lowering, and also with the filament tension, as your motors keeps running and the filament doesn't move, try tightening the yellow thumbscrew a little more.

Also as this filament contains carbon fiber strands you should use a larger nozzle, 0.6mm should be ok, also you need to use a stainless steel nozzle otherwize the nozzle hole size will increase dramatically ruining print quality after just one ore two prints.

Dominofix

Post by Dominofix » 09 Oct 2018, 09:44

I have been trying different things now like higher temp, lower fan speed, higher flow. From the looks of the filament that I pull out of the extruder it looks like the 0,4mm nozzle might be the issue. I will try to get a 0,6mm and lets see whats the result. Ill will post my findings later on.

tgala

Post by tgala » 24 Oct 2018, 18:36

Hi @Dominofix, any news about this issue?