[SOVLED] Problem with my new BEETHEFIRST

BEETHEFIRST is a professional, easy to use and portable 3D printer
sotakuma

[SOVLED] Problem with my new BEETHEFIRST

Post by sotakuma » 08 Oct 2015, 07:36

Hello,

I'm the new owner of a beautiful BEETHEFIRST, but not everything has been as beautiful as my printer.

Today I finally decide to set up my new printer, from the unboxing through software setup, everything was running so smooth until disaster happened :cry: On my very first print (40mm calibration cube) the printer started to make a cracking noise (like a clogged extruder) and it was coming from the area where the Z motor is located, at the begging of the second layer the bed started to fall down, like an horror movie elevator, went down and stops and again went down and stops until finally reach the bottom of the printer, it was like the Z motor was struggling to maintain the weight of the bed.

I tried a second time, and the same thing happened, second layer and the Z motor started to make that noise, and suddenly the bed started to fall down in the middle of the print job again. So I decide to remove both of the acrylic covers and a miracle happened, I was able to finish my print job.

At this point I don't want to try printing anything else, to be honest I'm very scared to damage my new printer, my thoughts are that there is something wrong with my Z motor getting so hot and the main board shutting it down to prevent a permanent damage.

Any help will be really appreciated. :D

Your friend Jonathan.

Greetings from Mexico

Filipe

Re: Problem with my new BEETHEFIRST

Post by Filipe » 08 Oct 2015, 11:13

Hello Jonathan!

First of all, welcome to the forum :)
Glad you have a BEETHEFIRST. It is indeed beautiful. I have one also, and the design and LED light when it is on, is just great. When it's printing something in the living room, the guests always look at it and enjoy their introduction to the world of 3D printing :)

Now, regarding your problem. Your detailed description, greatly helps.

Do you know what room temperature you have, were the BEETHEFIRST is operating?
When you managed to finish a print, did the Z motor make any noise? (besides the normal when moving)

Best regards

csilva
BEEVERYCREATIVE

Post by csilva » 08 Oct 2015, 16:09

Hello Jonathan,

thank you for contacting us. Since you also contacted BEEVERYCREATIVE's customer service for this exact same issue, we are going to follow this case there. :)

Thank you.

Carla
BEEVERYCREATIVE
Customer Service Team

sotakuma

Post by sotakuma » 10 Oct 2015, 04:57

Filipe wrote:Hello Jonathan!

First of all, welcome to the forum :)
Glad you have a BEETHEFIRST. It is indeed beautiful. I have one also, and the design and LED light when it is on, is just great. When it's printing something in the living room, the guests always look at it and enjoy their introduction to the world of 3D printing :)

Now, regarding your problem. Your detailed description, greatly helps.

Do you know what room temperature you have, were the BEETHEFIRST is operating?
When you managed to finish a print, did the Z motor make any noise? (besides the normal when moving)

Best regards
Hello Filipe!

My room temperature is 21º.

Until today i wasn't able to complete a single print, Carla Silva from costumer service (She has been amazing with the quickness of her responses) made me the suggestion of removing the top and bottom panels, but that didn't help the first time I tried, so I tell Carla that the Z motor was too hot but I was still able to touch it with my fingers, all the other motors except for the extruder are cold to the touch, but the Z motor was hotter that the extruder motor, so I decide to give it another try to Carla's solution but this time I added two heat sink plates to the motor and presto! I finally succeed on finishing my calibration cube.

So after my second try I was a little bit more confident that the problem was solved by the two heat sink plates, so I re install the panels and try to print a more complex object, but like the first time after the third or fourth layer the Z motor make that crank noise and the build plate fell down, at that point it was obvious that the problem was related to the panels not helping with heat dissipation in the Z motor, after repeating the same steps of the first successful print I was able to print 1/4 of the object until the same problem happened again, right after the print fail I decided to touch the Z motor and was hotter than before so I tried the only thing that came first to my mind, I added a tiny fan right next to the printer in the same area where the Z motor is located, and that solved "apparently" the problem with my build plate fell down.

I this precise moment my print is at 90% and with the acrylic covers removed, the two heat sink plates and the fan, the Z motor is cold to the touch and it seems that I will finally call this a bittersweet victory, because I know that in the moment I place both of the panels the Z motor will overheat again and the story will repeat.

So at this point I don't know if my problem is caused by the firmware that is overheating my motor or my motor is faulty in some way (the extruder motor gets two times hotter that the Z motor and the E Motor doesn't fail).

So that my story, I really hope to get to solve this and enjoy my printer, I'm really dying to showing it at the office :D

Best regards.
Last edited by Anonymous on 12 Oct 2015, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embeded youtube video

Filipe

Post by Filipe » 12 Oct 2015, 10:14

Hello,

Well, if you are in contact with Carla Silva from customer service, you are in good hands :)

Best regards

Andre_A
BEEVERYCREATIVE

Post by Andre_A » 02 Nov 2015, 17:02

This issue is being followed by the Customer Service and is being resolved with the customer ;)
BEEVERYCREATIVE
Research and Development Team