Printing Bed drop randomly

BEETHEFIRST is a professional, easy to use and portable 3D printer
chezmoa

Printing Bed drop randomly

Post by chezmoa » 20 Oct 2016, 20:22

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with my BEETHEFIRST printer.
I successfully print a 6 hours print yesterday without any issue.
But today I try to print again (the same thing), but after like 2 hours of printing the bed drop literally to the bottom of the printer and the printer continue to print in the air !

I waste a lot of PLA, so disapointing... :cry:

I saw the same issue in the forum here but no solution was provided, as I understand it could be a heat issue ?

Can you help me to fix this.

Thanks.
David.

Filipe

Re: Printing Bed drop randomly

Post by Filipe » 21 Oct 2016, 12:23

Hi,

In this case, it's best to contact Customer Service:
https://beeverycreative.com/contacts-2/

Has this happened before? Or is this your second print?

But I leave some tips, since I also have one.

What version of BEESOFT are you using?
With each version, a new firmware can also be deployed. Here you can find the latest stable version:
https://beeverycreative.com/beesoft/
(there are beta versions, also)

But you have Customer Service to help you out. Do send them an email, but also tell them what version of BEESOFT you are using, and what country you are from.

Best regards

chezmoa

Post by chezmoa » 22 Oct 2016, 14:57

I sent an email to the customer service, they are really nice, but a forum should be an information source of what to do to fix something.
And on this forum if you look other thread they are all the same answer, "see with customer service".

I'm working in electronics stuff I'm ok to unmount things and check things, but it would be so nice if you guys can provide more advance explanation ?

So my problem here seems to be link to heat sink issue, can you be more specific, where is it in the machine, maybe I can replace it myself or apply some thermal paste somewhere, but I need to know witch part of the electronics is concerned.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards,
David.

Filipe

Post by Filipe » 22 Oct 2016, 15:21

I understand what you are saying.

The reason we forward issues with BEETHEFIRST to Customer Service, its based on the product. Since it's assembled and sold ready to use, the Warranty and support is different from the helloBEEprusa, for example. In the hBP case, you can find all sorts of information on parts, workarounds, etc.

On the BEETHEFIRST, it's always best to ask Customer Service. The Warranty deals with most of the issues, if any arise.
But, if you wish for more detailed info, ask them. I'm sure they will tell you how it works.

Just wait for their indication if you need to change anything inside the machine. Remember the Warranty.

If it's a heat sink issue or board, perhaps it will have to go to Warranty. It's their call.
Unless you choose to skip the warranty, and venture in fixing it on your own. But ask them first :)