Power supply blown

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
PeterS

Power supply blown

Post by PeterS » 03 Dec 2016, 12:04

HI all,
I am completely new to 3D printing and to this forum. I am not familiar with the etiquette on this forum, please inform em on any rules and do's and dont's.

I just finished assembly of my HelloBee Prusa, lovely job :D. Everything went smooth thanks to good manual and instruction video's.

Big issue is that at first start-up the 2A fuse in the cable-connector immediately blew up....
After a thorough check of all cabling and connections (I discovered no issues), retried with new 2A fuse in the cable-connector, same result......

Then I disconnected the 24 V cables from the main-board (so only power supply is connected to 220 V) and retried with another 2A fuse in the cable connector. Same result !!!

Apparantly there is a short circuit at some point in the power supply, while it has never been used !!

IN order to start off with 3D printing a.s.a.p., I want to order a replacement power supply via Conrad Electronics. Since I am more of a mechanical guy (and not an electrical guy), this is not my best area of experienced/knowledge.
Can somebody give me advice what parameters to watch for in order to buy a good power supply for the HBP, without overdoing it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,
PeterS from Holland.

moddy

Re: Power supply blown

Post by moddy » 17 Dec 2016, 07:21

PetrerS wrote:HI all,
I am completely new to 3D printing and to this forum. I am not familiar with the etiquette on this forum, please inform em on any rules and do's and dont's.

I just finished assembly of my HelloBee Prusa, lovely job :D. Everything went smooth thanks to testo-max good manual and instruction video's.

Big issue is that at first start-up the 2A fuse in the cable-connector immediately blew up....
After a thorough check of all cabling and connections (I discovered no issues), retried with new 2A fuse in the cable-connector, same result......

Then I disconnected the 24 V cables from the main-board (so only power supply is connected to 220 V) and retried with another 2A fuse in the cable connector. Same result !!!
Just call up the manufacturer and see what they say.
Last edited by moddy on 06 May 2017, 09:33, edited 2 times in total.

tgala

Post by tgala » 06 Jan 2017, 15:26

Hi PeterS,
It really looks like something is wrong there :/ Have you tried contacting customer service at customer_service@beeverycreative.com?

RyanHarnish

Post by RyanHarnish » 12 Apr 2019, 22:57

PeteraS wrote: HI all,

Apparantly there is a short circuit at some point in the power supply, while it has never been used !!

IN order to start off with 3D printing a.s.a.p., I want to order a replacement power supply via Conrad Electronics. Since I am more of a mechanical guy (and not an electrical guy), this is not my best area of experienced/knowledge.
Can somebody give me advice what parameters to watch for in order to buy a good power supply for the HBP, without overdoing it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,
PeterS from Holland.
A blown psu can take out absolutely everything in the system. That's why everyone here stresses the need to buy a quality psu for your rig. Tell him to quit the generics.

EmileGeoks

Power supply blown

Post by EmileGeoks » 19 Oct 2019, 18:53

I tried different power supply and it worked.
Bad power supply, right? No, I put original PS and it worked too.
So either cable or connection. I cant try old cable - used it up for battery monitor.
https://farmaciaespana247.com/comprar-plavix-online/