Is Bed leveling not working for anyone else?

This new DIY 3D printer kit is a result of a vast market research and hours of development and engineering. It is an open source project, which means this is a versatile product that you can build upon and make it your own.
wayne.kinne

Is Bed leveling not working for anyone else?

Post by wayne.kinne » 18 Jul 2019, 00:43

I have bed leveling on one of my other 3D printers and it works flawlessly, but on my B2X300 it always needs tweaking, one side is a little off and I have to play with the bed mounting screws to tune it in. Also nozzle height setting seems to be very picky, sometimes working but often being too tight or too lose and corrects never make sense. One time I need it so tight I almost rip the test sheet of paper, other times much looser.

Anyone else having these issues?

Tomorrow I will take a very close look at the arm that drops down, maybe it has some play in it???

DomingosRodrigues

Re: Is Bed leveling not working for anyone else?

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 18 Jul 2019, 17:07

Hello Waine,

I've had some similar problems with the leveling and it turned out to be a lack of squareness between the axis, especially the Y axis whose rods were slightly higher on one side than the other causing the whole printer to missread the bed. Try losening all rod holders from the frame and from the rod, move the axis using the LCD, then slowly tighten it moving the axis between tightenings. Also my mid section Y reinforcement (its in the midle of the Y axis, bellow the X axis where two frame parts cross), wasn't correctly slotted and was slightly bowing the bottom structure.

Not sure about this but I feel the leveling improved somewhat when I placed a thick rubber mat bellow the printer.

As for the Nozzle height, first of all ensure you autoleveling probe body and X carriage are solid and have no play, and that it's wire are in no way being stretched of tensioned, otherwise the height measurements will be off from point to point. The arm has some play due to the internal gearing of the servomotor, but as it is pre-tensioned on the oposite direction it will receive force when measuring there should be no backlash, nonetheless check if the screw that holds the arm in place is well tightened.
The menu option "Nozzle height" it is only meant to be used when you move the printer from one place to another or make any major alteration to it. Other than that you should fine tune the first layer while printing using live nozzle height feature ( Chapter 6.1 of the user manual available here: https://beeverycreative.com/wp-content/ ... 190201.pdf ), I only adjust a max of 0.05mm between prints and most of the times when using the same material I don't even change it :)

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

johan.eklund

Post by johan.eklund » 16 Aug 2019, 10:23

No, it does not work. It performes the meassuring, but does nothing if the bed is not level. So the bed must be leveled manualy.

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 19 Aug 2019, 11:51

Hello Johan,

Can you please confirm that you are using the latest version of the printer's firmware and printing profiles, there was a bug on the original firmware/ profiles that prevented calibration from being applied.

On the following versions leveling does work and the Z axis can be seen working to compensate the bed curvature. But the auto calibration Cannot compensate for assembly errors that cause the axis not to be orthogonal between themselves, this would cause the measured mesh to be incorrect thus making the leveling incorret, most of these assembly errors happen on the Y axis as one of the rods is higher than the others causing the bed to raise/lower close to the edges.

If you have any other question about the printer please contact customer_service@beeverycreative.com with some photos, videos and gcodes that cause the problem you are having so we can help you solve it :)

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

win456

Post by win456 » 23 Aug 2019, 16:57

DomingosRodrigues wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 17:07
Hello Waine,

I've had some similar problems with the leveling and it turned out to be a lack of squareness between the axis, especially the Y axis whose rods were slightly higher on one side than the other causing the whole printer to missread the bed. Try losening all rod holders from the frame and from the rod, move the axis using the LCD, then slowly tighten it moving the axis between tightenings. Also my mid section Y reinforcement (its in the midle of the Y axis, bellow the X axis where two frame parts cross), wasn't correctly slotted and was slightly bowing the bottom structure.

Not sure about this but I feel the leveling improved somewhat when I placed a thick rubber mat bellow the printer.

As for the Nozzle height, first of all ensure you autoleveling probe body and X carriage are solid and have no play, and that it's wire are in no way being stretched of tensioned, otherwise the height measurements will be off from point to point. The arm has some play due to the internal gearing of the servomotor, but as it is pre-tensioned on the oposite direction it will receive force when measuring there should be no backlash, nonetheless check if the screw that holds the arm in place is well tightened.
The menu option "Nozzle height" it is only meant to be used when you move the printer from one place to another or make any major alteration to it. Other than that you should fine tune the first layer while printing using live nozzle height feature ( Chapter 6.1 of the user manual available here: https://beeverycreative.com/wp-content/ ... 190201.pdf ), I only adjust a max of 0.05mm between prints and most of the times when using the same material I don't even change it :)

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues
Thanks for you suggestion Domingos. I also had a similar problem and it really helped me out.