B2X300 the printer from hell

This new DIY 3D printer kit is a result of a vast market research and hours of development and engineering. It is an open source project, which means this is a versatile product that you can build upon and make it your own.
wayne.kinne

B2X300 the printer from hell

Post by wayne.kinne » 29 May 2019, 14:59

I own 5 printers, 4 of them built from kits, nothing prepared me for the problems with this printer.

After finally getting past too many small issues to recall, I started to actually print something, but half way through the print I get a "temp runaway" error and now it wants to print off the bed, zooming to the front left corner of the bed and then spiting filament between the bed and frame as it happily moves forward and back but never moving over onto the bed. And more times than not it is extruding from ext 2, not ext 1 where I want it to.

I re-flashed, same problem.

I re-sliced, same problem.

I powered down for 5 minutes then restarted, same problem.

And does anyone out there have a setup for Simlify3D for the B2X300? Please share

Wayne

DomingosRodrigues

Re: B2X300 the printer from hell

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 29 May 2019, 18:36

Hello wayne.kinne,

A thermal runaway error means there is a problem while reading the temperature of either the bed, or hotends, the error should say Maxtemp, too hot for what is expected, or Mintemp, cant read sensor. These errors appear o avoid damaging the printer or even causing a fire if anything is incorrectly connected or with intermittent connection. Check all you thermistor conections on the board and ensure the bed connector is tightly fitted onto the bed PCB.

The other problems you describe appear to be caused by an incorrectly generated Gcode, have you tried using the provided Cura profiles for the printer? The start Gcode is particularly important as it configures the printer's stepper driver current, max speeds , accelerations , and other parameters that ensure good printing quality.

Ensure you have flashed the latest version of the firmware available here: https://github.com/beeverycreative/B2X3 ... ses/latest

Please check if there is any slack or obvious resistance in the movement of the X carriage or the Y carriage especially the Uclamps, that should be reasonably tight but not tight, as that will avoid the printer from correctly homing.

After verifying the printer run the self-test wizard on "Machine settings" > "Self-test wizard" to ensure the printer reconfigures the homing force to the new assembly.

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

wayne.kinne

Post by wayne.kinne » 29 May 2019, 18:46

I am thinking the perhaps the over heat error was because I had ext. #2 set for zero and maybe it got too high over the zero setting from the other extruder and bed heat???

Did everything and still not working. Odd that it now homes on the left side after canceling a print rather than the right side it used to go to. But it still homes correctly when told to home.

The little it did print before going wacko looks fantastic ;-P

wkinne

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 30 May 2019, 11:19

Hello wayne.kinne,

When the temperature is set to 0 it will only give a thermal runaway error if the sensor cant be read or if it exceeds 100ºC, so probably there is a bad connection somewhere on the cable, or a damaged sensor due to an impact, in most cases caused by plastic not sticking to the bed and hitting the heater blocks dislodging the sensor.
Also if you remove the nozzle from E2 this can also happens as the heater block hits the E1 block causing it to heat up unexpectedly and firing the protection.

The printer should always home the X axis to the right and the bed towards the front, if that isn't happening you might have some assembly error, most likely motor cabling / incorrect belt tension/untightened belt pulley or even incorrect configuration on the printed file that set the printer to a unexpected state.

If you could post a video of what is happening and post the gcode you were using on the machine that would be very helpful to diagnose what is going wrong.

Best regards
Domingos Rodriges

wayne.kinne

Post by wayne.kinne » 30 May 2019, 17:49

I have made a video and copied the gcode. How and where do I post them for you to see?

tia

wkinne

wayne.kinne

Post by wayne.kinne » 30 May 2019, 18:18

Let me know if this works.

https://github.com/wkinne/wkinne

And I have re-flashed and all the suggestions have been attempted. Still the same problem.

Thanks,
Wayne Kinne

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 30 May 2019, 18:30

Hello wayne.kinne,

I can see you files and I have analysed both the gcode and your video.

The problems I can see happening are due to an incorrect generation of the Gcode. You can clearly see the printer doesn't even home Z or even level the bed as it is supposed to before printing.
This problem is caused by the start gcode on your file. It is incorrect causing the printer to fail at starting the print correctly and causing weird movements on cancel because of this.

As I mentioned before, please use the provided printer project and profile for cura, follow the instructions on how to install it correctly on the user manual available here https://beeverycreative.com/wp-content/ ... 190201.pdf

Once you get the printer up and running with the provided configurations then copy the startGcode and endGcode from the cura profile and try using a diferent slicer if you want to. But we made various tests between lots of different slicers and due to being a bowden printer the best result and most consistent results were achieved using Cura.

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

wayne.kinne

Post by wayne.kinne » 30 May 2019, 19:56

same, what did I do wrong? ;-P. I am using Cura and have no problem continuing with Cura.

Are you saying I need to copy/past the startGcode and endGcode in the file from the thing I downloaded?

Uploading the new gcode after setting up the printer correctly in Cura,( I think )

same gethub: https://github.com/wkinne/wkinne

wayne.kinne

Post by wayne.kinne » 30 May 2019, 20:18

First thing I see in Gcode is it changing temp back to 160? Why would it do that? line 24

I'm running ABS at 245 and 110

fixing that and trying again

wayne.kinne

Post by wayne.kinne » 30 May 2019, 20:27

still not running bed test even at start.

Taking a break, will re-flash and try again later