Printed parts of the autocalibration add-on

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
Benji

Printed parts of the autocalibration add-on

Post by Benji » 11 Nov 2018, 13:07

Hey Guys

After more than 5 year printing with my hbp on of the X-axis support cracked (I had the old one, with the nut inside).
Now I made a modification and the hbp should work again.
But during the crash, the autoleveling calibration had a little damage. I could fix it, but in case, it it possible to get the stl files of the add on, to print it?

Thank you

Best wishes

Benji

DomingosRodrigues

Re: Printed parts of the autocalibration add-on

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 13 Nov 2018, 17:25

Hello Benji,

I've updated the repository of printed parts for the helloBEEprusa, now the autocalibration parts are available at Github:
https://github.com/beeverycreative/hell ... a-hardware

Thanks for the topic as now everyone can access the files if they need to :)

The autocalibration addon can suffer damage on the gearbox inside the servomotor if excessive force is applied to the arm, usually that can be hear as a repetitive grinding sound. Before printing the new parts check the state of the motor using the printer LCD, "Prepare" > "Auto-Home", after homing X and Y the servomotor should be activated and rotate about 90º, to stop the movement either restart the printer (small black button on the LCD) or press the autocalibration switch twice. After switching the printer on again, or pressing twice the autocalibration switch, the servomotor should return to it's original position, if that doesn't happen you will need to replace the autocalibration kit.

Best Regards
Domingos Rodrigues

Benji

Post by Benji » 14 Nov 2018, 20:02

Hello DomingosRodrigues,

thank you so much for the printed parts. That is really nice.
The servo motor works fine but thank you for the tips. It is really helpful.
Thanks a lot

Best wishes

Benji

TimothyGluse

Printed parts of the autocalibration add on

Post by TimothyGluse » 29 Jan 2019, 17:28

Would ABS be fine for printing the parts or should I use PLA? I have a friend with a Davinci 3d printer and it will take him forever to get them done for me. He has a few rolls of ABS but no PLA. I dont mind paying but I hate having to wait even longer. Also is there any good place that I could get these printed online just in case?
Thank you
Brandon

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 14 Feb 2019, 15:59

Yes the parts can be printer in any 3d printer material as long as it prints solidly.

Beware that ABS is a tricky plastic to print correctly, without high ambient temperature the layer adhesion might not be good and the parts resistance will be compromised.