[IMPORTANT] helloBEEprusa recommended Slicer and printing profiles

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
smoreira
BEEVERYCREATIVE

[IMPORTANT] helloBEEprusa recommended Slicer and printing profiles

Post by smoreira » 04 Dec 2017, 12:00

Hi guys,

After several tests, we recommend you to use "Slic3r prusa edition" slicer.
This slicer has the best consistency and print quality for our helloBEEprusa.
To help you achieved an even better results, we created a manual with cool info about how to use and customize this slicer. You can find the document below.

We also created some default profiles to make the printing process easier.
This is a ongoing project, as you can all imagine, and you can the profiles already developed at: https://github.com/beeverycreative/PrintingProfiles

Cheers,

Sergio

Changes 21 Dec 2017: Corrected profiles for the latest version of the slicer.
Attachments
helloBEEprusa and Slic3r Prusa Edition V_04122017.pdf
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 759 times
BEEVERYCREATIVE team

diogolage

Re: [IMPORTANT] helloBEEprusa recommended Slicer and printing profiles

Post by diogolage » 14 Dec 2017, 11:19

Hello,

I'm getting the error "Unknown config option" on loading config bundle. Did anyone get this too?

Thanks

EDIT: For the ones who will use Slic3r Prusa Edition 1.38.3, you need to comment the config setting "advance_pressure" on the label printer of the config file. It appears that on earlier versions, this setting is no longer used.

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 14 Dec 2017, 14:27

Hello diogolage,

I was using the profiles but didn't notice the error on the files as I was still using the version 1.36.0 :lol:
Now I just updated and noticed two things, the profile has the error you pointed out and the option to enable "expert mode" appears to have disapeared and to be on by default other than that it works just as well as before :)

diogolage

Post by diogolage » 14 Dec 2017, 17:43

Hello MrDoom,

Yes, I have removed expert mode flag too. I forgot to mention that.

Right now, the printer is printing with good quality, just with some minor improvements (e-step and z-axis calibration, multiplier extrusion, etc...) but I haven't still resolve a minor problem. In some draws, the printer doesn't extrude the sufficient amount of PLA on perimeter corners when turns back its printing direction. Does anyone have a solution? I don't know if I had explained myself very clearly :?

Cheers

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 15 Dec 2017, 10:55

Hello Diogolage,

I'm not quite understanding what you mean by "In some draws, the printer doesn't extrude the sufficient amount of PLA on perimeter corners when turns back its printing direction", could you try explaining better and adding a picture so that I can try to help?

Another thing you mentioned Z-axis calibration, you should not do this as the default steps/mm, 8000, depends only on the thread of the threaded rod so there is no need to be calibrated, and any change will decrease the printing quality and possibly cause the problem you are having, if your Z axis isn't moving the correct ammount check the z axis couplers, if they are tight and well mounted (they should have arround a cm of space between both the motor shaft and the threaded rod to allow it to flex), also make sure the stepper drivers on the board are being correctly cooled by the fans, and if you want reduce they're power a little bit as it helps to avoid the motors getting so hot, you can find more infor here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=784 :)

diogolage

Post by diogolage » 15 Dec 2017, 16:31

Hello MrDoom,

I adjusted the extrusion flow and now the corners are ok! :D

Yes, I wasn't talking about steps/mm calibration. I was talking about bed calibration, but there is a zone on the bed that is extremely close from the extruder and it doesn't allow PLA extrusion, stucking the extrusion.

Our LCD is broken and I know that I can do bed leveling using only g-code commands but I've never done that. Do you have some tutorials? I have been searching on Marlin and I found a tool called Unified Bed Leveling. Did anyone use it with g-code commands?

Cheers

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 19 Dec 2017, 13:15

Hello Diogolage,

The better option would be to buy a new LCD since calibrating through the console is a real pain in the ass, you need to manually move the z axis on all 9 probing points and manually define the correction mesh, through the LCD you just need to adjust a little to the left and to the right at each point and it is done.
By the way what is wrong with the LCD it might be fixable, or you can go ahead and install an graphic LCD hehe

UBL is just a combination of various bed leveling techniques and verification in one, but from my experience mesh bed leveling with mesh expansion (measures 9 points but creates a mesh of 6x6 points by making averages between points), which is the default of the firmware, works the best and has less problems while leveling.

smoreira
BEEVERYCREATIVE

Post by smoreira » 21 Dec 2017, 13:36

Hi guys,

We would like to thank diogolage for pointing out a problem with the profiles, and we would like to inform you that it has been fixed. :)

Cheers

Sergio
BEEVERYCREATIVE team

amorais79

Post by amorais79 » 18 Jan 2018, 20:22

Installed Prusa edition 1.38.5 and still getting error loading config file.

smoreira
BEEVERYCREATIVE

Post by smoreira » 24 Jan 2018, 18:09

Hi amorais79,

Sorry for this late reply and just to let you know that the 1.38.5 and it is now working. :)
Please reinstall it and open the printing settings again. It should work fine now!
Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,

Sergio
BEEVERYCREATIVE team