Forum under maintenance. Please contact us at customer_service@beeverycreative.com

Slic3r Prusa Edition Uninstall - help

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
João Ferreira
Slic3r Prusa Edition Uninstall - help

Post by João Ferreira » 19 Aug 2017, 16:45

Hi,
Think my slic3r is broken..can´t find where..it send gcode to heat one extruder and print with the other, reduces the filament feeder rate randomly, and etc..can´t print with it and I need to reset or uninstall it..

Can´t find slicer folder in the system, can´t uninstall it using the add/remove programs feature on the control panel, I already delete the download folder, and redownload it and reinstall it, I already delete all configs manually and reload a new configuration bundle..uff..

Don´t know more..

Do you think it could be a firmware issue..?

João Ferreira

Re: Slic3r Prusa Edition Uninstall - help

Post by João Ferreira » 20 Aug 2017, 12:25

I think is solved..reinstall firmware and found some folders in windows with slicer profiles configurations..delete those..
Is working again..

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 21 Aug 2017, 09:24

Hi João, as far as I know Slic3r prusa edition isn't installed you just extract the files, as for the configurations, you should have a pdf with a tutorial of how to use and select the correct profiles.

To select the extruders you have to choose in the printer either E0, E1 or dual for both :)

The firmware should have nothing to do with the slicer, I supose you havent configured Slic3r correctly.

Also Slic3r prusa edition increases and decreases the print speed to allow the piece to cool evenly between layers

João Ferreira

Post by João Ferreira » 21 Aug 2017, 18:39

Yes, I don´t know exactly what happened..
It´s working fine now..I have that pdf, and I am messing around with some simple configurations..I suppose I mess them too much :D

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 22 Aug 2017, 17:03

I reeaaaly like Slic3r it has so many option but at the beginning it can be a little daunting, and a simple wrong setting can screw up the entire print xD