Filament input help

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
calatrava

Filament input help

Post by calatrava » 26 Mar 2018, 07:56

Good morning, after several weeks reading and testing according to the manuals fix exposed in the forum I can not get a stable filament input to the extruder. I have verified that the U Groove wheel and the motor Nema 17 Extruder are correctly aligned according to the manuals. After many impressions failed to paralyze the filament at the entrance of the extruder I have only managed to make 5 or 6 correct pieces. After much reading I think my problem is the L-shaped piece that presses the U Groove wheel that I can not place correctly so that the input pressure is correct.

I use filament PLA of BQ and Sakata 3D at a temperature of 205.

I add a video of the piece that I need to help me adjust to see if someone can help me have a continuity of filament in the extruder are jams or cuts.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_JoKj ... j9GGGgu7U5

Thanks for your comments.
Last edited by calatrava on 03 Apr 2018, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

MrDoom

Re: Filament input help

Post by MrDoom » 03 Apr 2018, 11:06

Hi there,

Are you talking about a Beethefirst or a helloBEEprusa? If it is the helloBEEprusa, you posted this in the wrong place.

Also the helloBEEprusa, at least mine never worked that well with PLA from BQ, mostly due to the full metal hotend, the BQ PLA seems to have a lower melting point and that makes it sensitive to getting stuck on the heatbreak. My best sollution was using a filament filter with oil with a good ammount of WD40 or oil, making sure that all the hotend parts are aligned and all the adjustments made as on this tutorial ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=784 ), then lowering the print temperature to 180ºC, that way I could print a couple of benchies with no problem, never tried bigger things though, I just bough some better PLA and reduced my frustration and headaches :P

calatrava

Post by calatrava » 03 Apr 2018, 11:16

MrDoom wrote:Hi there,

Are you talking about a Beethefirst or a helloBEEprusa? If it is the helloBEEprusa, you posted this in the wrong place.

Also the helloBEEprusa, at least mine never worked that well with PLA from BQ, mostly due to the full metal hotend, the BQ PLA seems to have a lower melting point and that makes it sensitive to getting stuck on the heatbreak. My best sollution was using a filament filter with oil with a good ammount of WD40 or oil, making sure that all the hotend parts are aligned and all the adjustments made as on this tutorial ( viewtopic.php?f=8&t=784 ), then lowering the print temperature to 180ºC, that way I could print a couple of benchies with no problem, never tried bigger things though, I just bough some better PLA and reduced my frustration and headaches :P

you're right I posted in the wrong place my printer is Hello Bee Prusa. Thanks for your advice.

tgala

Post by tgala » 23 Apr 2018, 13:44

Hi @calatrava, I moved the post to the correct forum.