[IMPORTANT] helloBEEprusa recommended Slicer and printing profiles

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
tgala

Re: [IMPORTANT] helloBEEprusa recommended Slicer and printing profiles

Post by tgala » 17 Apr 2018, 16:35

The new Cura has many good profiles as well as Pre-configured Printer Settings. (...) I would be interested what you say about this software.
@João Ferreira, @TPBi, @RickRick, @diogolage, @MrDoom, @amorais79, care to comment? :)

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 17 Apr 2018, 17:14

Hi there Tgala,

although I have used cura intermitently, I can't still get used to it like I did to Slic3r or Simplify 3d, Cura prints well when well configured but at the same time limits or makes dificult to change some of the things I like to customize, I change a lot the printer the materials and settings and like to fine tune them, the way cura has the settings all in a list and requires me to activate the ones I want, also I think it makes too much movements while traveling while Slic3r does the same with much less time and vibration on the machine when "combing". The print quality is very good, with a good profile, and the user interface is much more evolved than other slicers!

When there is a official CURA profile announcement I will try it :)

tgala

Post by tgala » 17 Apr 2018, 17:49

@@MrDoom, yeah, I guess you're right!
I guess the Ultimaker focus is now more on usability than on settings fine-tuning. And yes, Cura sometimes does very strange and sub-optimal paths.
Anyway, for me the helloBEEprusa profile on Cura is a good-enough starting point :roll: