New Owner and some tweeks

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
RickRick

New Owner and some tweeks

Postby RickRick » 22 Dec 2016, 12:57

I've had my Bee Prusa a week or so now, i had issues printing at first but getting temperatures right and more feed tension sorted it, got some reasonable prints, but suffered a few jams and loss of feed too.

So the last few days I've been tinkering
I've printed the feet and added the threaded bar in the base. These make the structure far more stable
I've spent a lot of time getting the bed level, and the Z axis level to the motors now when i run the level bed routine i get less than 0.1mm difference to get the same feel on the paper.
I've also made some changes to the hot end setup. counter bored the heat sink blocks and bolted them direct to the plate rather than through the fans made a new fan bracket that lets me remove the fans quickly with 2 bolts to get access to jams. I did use the washers behind the hot end blocks to start with but I've removed them and trimmed down the bearing mounting plate a little to get the bearing groove aligned with the filament feed. I've got some pics but no idea how to get them on here

Mic_Hazelburn

Re: New Owner and some tweeks

Postby Mic_Hazelburn » 22 Dec 2016, 19:19

Hey RickRick, use postimg for that.

Load up some pictures and copy the link with the "URL" button.

RickRick

Postby RickRick » 23 Dec 2016, 12:33

RickRick

Postby RickRick » 23 Dec 2016, 12:35

tgala

Postby tgala » 11 Jan 2017, 14:39

Hi RickRick, are your modifications working well? Would you recommend them to other users?

Cheers!

RickRick

Postby RickRick » 11 Jan 2017, 18:50

Yes I think they work well. Main thing is not having to take the nozzle mount blocks off the carriage saves time levelling each time the fans would be removed, and lets you tighten the bolts more securely especially if your using both extruders
Also getting the bearing groove and feed tube aligned as good as you can will reduce jams so much spend time getting this spot on and you won't have much call to remove the fans. Spacing the blocks with washers is ok, but if there flush to the carriage you can use the carriage to help as a heat sink
i'm working on a fan assembly that will hook on to another printed part so no tools will be needed to get access.

tgala

Postby tgala » 12 Jan 2017, 10:08

Nice! :)
Thanks for sharing!

RickRick

Postby RickRick » 25 Jan 2017, 21:06

Next stage is done now all fans mounted on one part that lifts off without any screws. No need to counter bore the heat blocks either just swap for pan head bolts. Just needs 1mm off the stl file as it catches the stop then I'll share the file

Monirh

Postby Monirh » 02 Mar 2017, 15:55

Hi, How Is your Modification working?? I am also interested to modify mine. if yours working well then I will try to modify mine.

Return to “helloBEEprusa”