Forum under maintenance. Please contact us at customer_service@beeverycreative.com

[SOLVED] Filament drag problem

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
Mikifles
[SOLVED] Filament drag problem

Post by Mikifles » 10 Sep 2015, 20:01

hello,

After several test I come to you because I encounter a problem when the filament is dragged into the extruder. In fact when I heat to 250 ° and then I push the filament hand to bring out the start of the nozzle . this happens without problems . the problem comes when I want that extrusion is done automatically. I then shake loose wheel so that the filament is caught by the cogwheel . the engine is running but the filament does not go down . it goes down that if I help him by pushing it by hand.
what do you think ? is what I 'm doing wrong some choice ? what it is to come from a little adjustment of pololu ? I want to clarify that i tried several tightenings . thank you a lot !

endeffect

Re: Filament drag problem

Post by endeffect » 11 Sep 2015, 09:01

What filament did you use ?

Mikifles

Post by Mikifles » 11 Sep 2015, 09:03

I don't use beeverycreative filament. It's Abs 1.75mm.

jorge
BEEVERYCREATIVE

Post by jorge » 11 Sep 2015, 10:10

Hi Mikifles.

We know that some filaments are more problematic then others. For instance, some users on RepRap put some oil on the filament to avoid the blocks on the extruder.
BEEVERYCREATIVE
Research and Development Team

EmanuelDFerreira

Post by EmanuelDFerreira » 12 Sep 2015, 19:42

Most problably you don't have enough pressure on the filament. Try to add some more pressure on the screw so it can press the filament with enough strenght against the motor pulley

Mikifles

Post by Mikifles » 15 Sep 2015, 13:39

Thank you for your answers. I do not think it comes from pressure on the filament but rather the extrusion vitesste ... at the time of filling, the filament doing very well. I enclose a photo. That makes me every time on the first layer and the same place. The motor pulley rotates right there where I show you in the red, but the filament descends. That may be a matter of bed height ...?
IMG_20150914_185556.png
thank you !
Last edited by Mikifles on 19 Sep 2015, 12:14, edited 1 time in total.

endeffect

Post by endeffect » 16 Sep 2015, 11:56

hi

Your bed is niveled and aligned ?

do a test with a sheet of paper, it do to past with a little friction between the nozzle and the bed, at all the place of the bed ( because at once place only, it's not funny :mrgreen: )

plopes

Post by plopes » 16 Sep 2015, 12:51

Hi Mikifles

It could be the U-groove wheel or the pulley touching in the hot end canal. Try to align it with a soft hammer, or disassemble the extruder in question (just take out the blower), and unscrew a bit the extruder, to align it better.

If you need anything more, just reply to the topic.

Best Regards!

Mikifles

Post by Mikifles » 18 Sep 2015, 23:29

I have verified if the bed was well aligned and that is ok on this side .
i also checked the pressure and I do not think it is .
However , the alignment of the u -groove is likely but how can I do to better align because the filament is already at the outer limit of the pulley ... if I loosen the extruder will be even worse .. .Sometimes the filament gets stuck and is grated as the channel input this is like hot chips.
I think this problem is related to my other alignment problem in height of 2 nozzles. I have dessere the screw slightly to lower my hotent but the channel is lower than the pulley and the u- groove ... I think it does not help.
I tried to rapeseed oil to help as we advise me but that does not change .
I am sorry for my english ... it is not actually mine is that of google translation ...
thank you a lot

EDIT :
I share you a photo of the filament position :
img.jpg

replicator

Post by replicator » 22 Sep 2015, 00:38

Not sure if it's the same problem but E step calibration helped me when the extrusion would stop unexpectedly during a print. I posted details in the forum here...

https://beeverycreative.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=8&t=38