Forum under maintenance. Please contact us at customer_service@beeverycreative.com

[FIRMWARE] helloBEEprusa firmware 1.1.0-RC3 [CLOSED and OUTDATED]

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
jorge
BEEVERYCREATIVE
[FIRMWARE] helloBEEprusa firmware 1.1.0-RC3 [CLOSED and OUTDATED]

Post by jorge » 30 Dec 2015, 18:24

Hi all.

We did a testing firmware for helloBEEprusa, mainly updating to the Marlin 1.1.0-RC3. On this version, the bed calibration is done in 9 points and the firmware adjusts automatically, during the print, the Z height.

We also added code for the main menu to load/unload filament - we think this is an operation that is done many times by the users. For the same reason, we also added an entry to the main menu for the already existing Level bed menu.

The firmware is available here: https://github.com/beeverycreative/Marl ... sa-HBP_v05

UPDATE [05/Jul/17]: latest firmware available here: https://beeverycreative.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=8&t=719
BEEVERYCREATIVE
Research and Development Team

klorydryk

Re: NEW TESTING FIRMWARE based on Marlin 1.1.0-RC3

Post by klorydryk » 25 Jan 2016, 20:46

Hi,
Interesting update! Thank you for that.

I just have one comment for now: the new "change filament" is a very good idea, but is not working for me. If I heat the head then extract the filament, most of the time it is not working, and the drive wheel is trying to turn no other result than slamming.
-> I need to extrude the filament for like 5mm, THEN retract for 25mm to be able to extract it.

It isn't a general behavior? In my case, I can't use this interesting new option as it is.

jorge
BEEVERYCREATIVE

Post by jorge » 28 Jan 2016, 10:46

Thanks for feedback klorydryk. You can always use the same menu to make the retract or extract.

I would like to get more feedback from other users.
BEEVERYCREATIVE
Research and Development Team

regpye

Post by regpye » 02 Feb 2016, 12:40

I have installed the firmware on a new machine that has a large bed.
I was using an earlier version of Marlin with a servo Z limit and probe, just 3 point probe and that wasn't enough.
When I used this new firmware, everything seems to work, except the servo.
I have checked the configuration.h settings and all seems to be OK, but the servo will do nothing (except a little jump when powered up)
Any ideas why it wont work now?
I loaded the earlier version again to test and the servo works fine, so I put 1.1.0-RC3 back again and still the servo will not function.

I like the extra functions in this version, must try them out when I get the machine up and running ready for printing.

Filipe

Post by Filipe » 02 Feb 2016, 14:58

regpye wrote:I have installed the firmware on a new machine that has a large bed.
What do you mean, by a new machine with a large bed?
The helloBEEprusa has the one size :)

Just checking if you are trying this firmware on another prusa, than the printer it is altered to work on.

regpye

Post by regpye » 03 Feb 2016, 01:20

Yes the machine is an experimental machine that has similar features to a prussa and the bed measures 250mm x 450mm
Found your firmware and tried it to use with this machine that also uses a RAMPS board and a mega2560.

regpye

Post by regpye » 03 Feb 2016, 09:03

I have the servo working now by changing the board setting to a different one.

// The following define selects which electronics board you have.
// Please choose the name from boards.h that matches your setup
#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB //BOARD_MKS_BASE
#endif

fgarcia

Post by fgarcia » 06 Feb 2016, 11:14

Hi

I'd like to make some small changes in the load/unload filament in the marlin code.... :)
But after some search in it I could not find the settings to:
- Change the volume of the buzzer (just went deaf so it was so loud lol)
- Change the settings of the distance/qty of the filament to extrude and retract
- Add some extrude before the unload procedure

Can anyone help me find it?

TIA
Thanks

klorydryk

Post by klorydryk » 06 Feb 2016, 19:20

Hello fgarcia,
I think it could be there for extrude before to retract (my fork, I didn't test it): https://github.com/klorydryk/Marlin/com ... 26b639ef41

fgarcia

Post by fgarcia » 08 Feb 2016, 10:30

Hi
Since I've upload this new version to my printer I can't connect to it by USB cable...
I'm using arduino 1.0.5-r2, do I have to use other version to upload or is there anything else that i need to do?
Thanks