[COMMUNITY] Prints from our HBP's

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
Volker_Bollig

Re: [COMMUNITY] Prints from our HBP's

Post by Volker_Bollig » 19 Mar 2016, 14:39

Hello again,

here are some prints from my HBP.

The first is a steering wheel handle. I use it for easy single handed manouvering of Farming Simulator vehicles:

It needs a ball bearing (8mm/22mm), and various nuts and bolts.

The next is an RC-model of a screw driven vehicle, still a work in progress. These vehicles are used in terrain not suitable for wheeled vehicles such as deep snow, swamp, sand etc.

The printed chassis frame:

and the model:

This crawler does not work on smooth, hard surfaces but on surfaces, where wheels woud sink in.

I'm also working on a casing for the HBP LCD panel. I want to mount the panel on top of the casing for easy access to the card slot, and to be able to make adjustments during print while keeping the door shut.

Kind regards.

Volker

DNeves

Post by DNeves » 21 Mar 2016, 13:35

It is an interesting project! I'm curious about which material did you use on the printing surface when you printed the chassis :)

Volker_Bollig

Post by Volker_Bollig » 21 Mar 2016, 19:20

Hello,

here is a short video about the project and the first test drive:

I had massive problems with large parts not sticking to the surface, especially with the ABS.

The screws are printed in ABS (230/90) and the chassis frame in PLA (220/60). The surface for the PLA is plain glass as delivered with the HBP. I placed a white sheet of office paper beneath the glass for better observation via the camera.
The screws are also printed on glass, 90 °C, prepared with strong hairspray. They are printed in two parts.

Now, I added the second spool holder and mounted the Control unit on top of the case:

So, I can alter settings without having to open the door.

I am very impressed what you guys have designed and printed with the HBP. I'm still in the process of learning and experimenting with the materials/filaments and it's settings. There are a lot of issues to figure out yet. So far, I'm happy with the construction and the quality of the printer.

Regards

Volker

DNeves

Post by DNeves » 22 Mar 2016, 08:18

Excellent work Volker! I wish I had the free time you have ! :D I would print so much stuff! :D keep up the good work and most of all keep us updated!

By the way, how did you managed to fix the issues of ABS adhesion? Only with hairspray?

Filipe

Post by Filipe » 22 Mar 2016, 09:29

Excelent work Volker! :D

Edit:
If you use Facebook, there is a community for BEEVERYCREATIVE, were you can share you amazing designs! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/beevery ... ecommunity

Volker_Bollig

Post by Volker_Bollig » 22 Mar 2016, 18:36

Hi,

thanks alot, :D

Well, I do not have a lot of free time but I took a week of my vacancies for building the printer. I knew that this would be time consuming.

Actually, I did not yet overcome the problems with ABS. The workspace heats up to 50°C - 60°C inside, there is no airflow other than internal konvection. Still larger prints in ABS won't stick as expected. I might have to test other surfaces though. Otherwise, I have no urgent need to use ABS anyway. For my model building purpose, PLA is sufficient and also "greener". I will surely test nylon for parts which need to be stronger.
For a year now, I watched every bit of video on the 3D-printing topic I could find. I learned a lot but consider myself a mere beginner trying to get a grip on the topic.

Now, printing of larger parts with ABS works in most cases. It turned out, that one of the keys is the construction of the part itself. I try to only print self constructed parts, with some exceptions. The first frame I made for the RC-vehicle, was a sqare chunk of material. It was heavy, bulky and bent alot. Hence I switched my thinking towards the construction. No I try to use as less material as possible, leave a lot of open spaces and holes. This lessens the tension in the material while printing, makes it lighter and I can easily install the electronics.

Yes, I know the BeeVeryCreative facebook site, but most of the content is in portuguese, I guess. But I will share my stuff since I do this anyway on facebook.

Thanks alot for your kind words

Volker

DNeves

Post by DNeves » 01 Apr 2016, 12:48

Hello community! :D

Well, when we start to have a considerable number of spools, I think that storage and spool replacement are some factors to have into account. In my case the spool switch or replacement is an important factor. So, I decided to put some effort into these topic. As a result I came out with an idea of a spool holder that is screw-able and it can be kept in the spool even for storage.

You can find the file here:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1457754

But here it is a preview:

I already printed one version (male) but the thread needed some adjustments. It is now fixed on thingiverse :) Here you have a pic! (printed with supports)

What did you think of the idea? I already have a support to mount on HBP frame. I will share it later :)

Volker_Bollig

Post by Volker_Bollig » 01 Apr 2016, 21:24

Hello,

this is a great idea. I did the same for my spools. I also used ball bearings and a rod through the entire holder. Thus the thread (screw) part needs to be hollow too. This weakened the construction and I broke it during testing :lol: The other problem I faced is that I have spools with at least four different diameters. I'm experimenting with reducing the diameter stepwise now.

Volker

DNeves

Post by DNeves » 04 Apr 2016, 13:33

Here are a few updates! :D

Image Image

Assembled and in place :) It works really well! Low friction.

I hope you guys enjoy! :)

DNeves

Post by DNeves » 04 Apr 2016, 13:44

Volker_Bollig wrote: I have spools with at least four different diameters.
I had a previous version that was just an adaptor with different steps. Although I advice you to use a conical structure :) it will accommodate many different spool sizes :) I used that idea in this configuration.