Forum under maintenance. Please contact us at customer_service@beeverycreative.com

Avoiding 3D parts from getting out of the bed while printing

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
sinosoidal
Avoiding 3D parts from getting out of the bed while printing

Post by sinosoidal » 17 Sep 2018, 10:04

Hi,

My greatest difficulty with 3D printing with BEE prusa as always been the Z axis calibration.

Very recently I have started using Slic3r to print via USB. I find it much more confortable than using the SD card. What I have realized is that I have now calibrated the bed plate and to print with Slic3r and if I print with the card, the bed is too high and the head of extraction touches the blue tape, scratching it.

But let's get back to Slic3r. There is a part that when I try to print it, it deglues from bed after a few layers. How can I compensate the height via software so that if I need it to start 1 mm closer to bed it will do it without mechanical adjustments to the bed?

What's the trick here?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Nuno Santos

MrDoom

Re: Avoiding 3D parts from getting out of the bed while printing

Post by MrDoom » 17 Sep 2018, 11:45

Hello Nuno,

So you are saying that printing thorugh SD card the nozzle is too low and when using slicer it is too high. Have you tested this with the same Gcode file? there could be a error on the slicer gcode not making it home corretly.

Also what value appears on the printer screen, the part where it shows Z (value), when printing through USB vs sd card. I have used the helloBEEprusa several times either through USB or SD card and never had such a problem.

Have you updated the printer to the latest firmware?

sinosoidal

Post by sinosoidal » 17 Sep 2018, 16:55

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I'm running the latest firmware. The mechanical calibration is not easy and it relies on three skrews which makes it event more harder. What's your suggestion of reference when calibrating the three screws of the bed?

I'm using Slic3r because I have seen it being recommended here on the forum. I wanted a USB direct print solution it seems to be working smoothly. I'm loving it because I don't need to waste so much time with SD card switching and files copy over USB SD card adaptors.

I would prefer to have a single solido solution and if I need to choose I prefer USB.

Thanks!

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 19 Sep 2018, 12:28

Hello Nuno,

I would recommend you avoid using USB when connected to a windows PC for big prints, as sometimes without any warning the printer will restart due to windows polling the USB ports. I have a usb card reader, the big kind and it is really easy to just take the sd card save the gcode and then I don't even need to leave the pc on the printer works standalone saving some power as well :)

The three screw are only needed for a first "big" adjustment (making sure the glass close to the trhee screws is equally away from the nozzle), then you need to use the on screen lcd 9 points leveling to fine tune the leveling, after that process is completed, make sure your start gcode has the following code to allow the leveling effect.
M420 S1
There is a more complete explanation on the latest version of the user manual

You could also acquire a auto leveling addon and then you wont need to care about leveling for your print :)