Lack of extrusion ?

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
gustavobica5

Lack of extrusion ?

Post by gustavobica5 » 29 Jul 2018, 23:15

Hi !!

I'm facing a problem that to me, seems to be lack of extrusion. The strange part is that it happens always at the same time of the printing.

As you can see it starts pretty well, but then, when printing the inner parts it seems to struggle to print.

Any ideias on what it might be?

Mic_Hazelburn

Re: Lack of extrusion ?

Post by Mic_Hazelburn » 31 Jul 2018, 05:48

Hey,

Is this a file that you load from thingiverse or is it a file from your own?

Which slicer are you using? Check in the slicing Software, If this also happens.

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 31 Jul 2018, 13:52

Hello Gustavo,

first off, I can't see that well but it seems your first layer is too squeezed against the hotbed, resulting in grinding of filament and eventually the printer will no longer be able to extrude.

Have you followed the recommended fixes? here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=784
In your case I belive the most proeminent would be the ones on pages: 3, 4, 5 ,6, 9 and 18, also make sure you filament isn't tightened too much by the small thumbweel on the sides of the extruder.

Then I would recommend you use this slicer with the provided profiles:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=785

Hope this helps :D

gustavobica5

Post by gustavobica5 » 31 Jul 2018, 19:19

Hi! Thank you guys for the responses!
Mic_Hazelburn wrote:
31 Jul 2018, 05:48
Hey,

Is this a file that you load from thingiverse or is it a file from your own?

Which slicer are you using? Check in the slicing Software, If this also happens.
No, its not mine, its a thingiverse file. I put the file in Cura and generate the gcode. In Cura the object seems fine, do you think it might be some miss configuration ?
MrDoom wrote:
31 Jul 2018, 13:52
Hello Gustavo,

first off, I can't see that well but it seems your first layer is too squeezed against the hotbed, resulting in grinding of filament and eventually the printer will no longer be able to extrude.
I'm going to start with this one, maybe thats the problem.
MrDoom wrote:
Have you followed the recommended fixes? here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=784
In your case I belive the most proeminent would be the ones on pages: 3, 4, 5 ,6, 9 and 18, also make sure you filament isn't tightened too much by the small thumbweel on the sides of the extruder.
Ok, if the 1º sugestion doesnt work I going to check this out.
MrDoom wrote:
Then I would recommend you use this slicer with the provided profiles:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=785
Even If I can fix the problem I think I'm going to use that slicer and profiles, thank you for the link!

gustavobica5

Post by gustavobica5 » 18 Aug 2018, 20:41

Sorry for the long time to say something, lot of work so I didn't have time to do it all at once :|
The switch from cura to the slicr 3 seem to help, as did to increase the distance from the bed. But the real problem seems to be overheating and wrong temperature for the PLA. By fixing a heatsink that had fallen and printing during night the printer started working. I'm thinking in adding a couple of fans so I can be sure the printer is properly cooled