Stepper Motor Gear

Printing filament, accessories and spare parts
doctoramor

Stepper Motor Gear

Post by doctoramor » 08 May 2017, 19:34

Hello there,

Can any one tell me where I can find the gear wheal for the stepper motor that pulls and pushes the filament, I only can find the stepper motors.

Thank you

HALFORD

Re: Stepper Motor Gear

Post by HALFORD » 11 May 2017, 20:43

the gear wheel should be attached to both extruders.
If not contact HBP support.
Regards

doctoramor

Post by doctoramor » 17 May 2017, 10:09

Hi, thank you for that, what I meant to say was that the one that comes with the stepper motor the treads are gone for some reason the teeth have become flat and does grab the filament as before. I don't know how to removed them from the stepper motor to get a new one.

Do I need to get a full kit If so do you know where to get it?

I can not find on the Beeverycreative website.

Thank you

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 24 May 2017, 11:13

Hello,

I think the geared wheel is press fit into the motor so it should be really hard to remove, have you tried increasing the holding pressure, my teeth aren't really sharp but they grab anyways.
If you want some more information about parts contact customer service at customer_service@beeverycreative.com they should be able to help you with that.

doctoramor

Post by doctoramor » 26 May 2017, 11:36

Hi,

Thank you for the info, I did look around to see if I can find something like that, but wasn't successful with my search.

Regarding the teeth, printing plastic is fine, but printing TPU it just keeps slipping, yes I do adjust it but some times just doesn't pushes it down.

Will contact them,

thank you.

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 30 May 2017, 17:26

I have printed TPU but I had to lower the heatbreak a little bit, I added another 1.5mm washer above the other one that comes with the kit, thus allowing a greater tension to be applied at the filament, with the original distance the bearing that guides the filament hit the heatbreak making it unable to move

doctoramor

Post by doctoramor » 10 Jun 2017, 17:32

Hello,

Yes I have done that since my purchase as it was one of the modes that was known to it.

I have just managed to sharpen the teeth let's se how it goes.

But thank you for all the info provided, hopefully they will change to a different stepper motor, or maybe they already have!

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 12 Jun 2017, 12:53

Please give some feedback about the sharpened teeth, I'm curious about the result :)

About the stepper motor, why would you change it, mine is strong enough so that it never had any problem, I think some extra part cooling like a blower fan, and filament guidance for flexible would be more important

doctoramor

Post by doctoramor » 14 Jun 2017, 00:08

Hello,

Yes I have all that, I have the HBP for a few years now so I believe is just wear and tear, but I have finish sharpening the teeth and guess what, I think is better then new!!!! Lol

So I use a very fine file and worked like a charm! And as I don't use the HBP for nothing else apart from to print flexible materials, now should not need to do it again for a long long time now!

doctoramor

Post by doctoramor » 14 Jun 2017, 00:09

The reason for changing it is that it gets super super hot T the point I can not touch it!