Installation on raspberry

BEESOFT is the software that controls your BEETHEFIRST and BEEINSCHOOL line of 3D printers
klorydryk

Installation on raspberry

Post by klorydryk » 09 Dec 2017, 17:51

Hi,

I tried to install it on my raspberry, as I already used octoprint to managed my Beeprusa. After installing the Raspbian Stretch Lite, I just had to install
  • git
  • python-pip
to be able to get and setup the BeeSoft.

Unfortunately, It did not discovered my 3dPrinter, and the top-right menu don't open. I'll come back to my original octoprint, and will come back if someone has an idea.

tgala

Re: Installation on raspberry

Post by tgala » 11 Dec 2017, 12:11

Hi!
Unfortunately BEESOFT only supports the BEETHEFIRST line of printers (BEETHEFIRST, BEETHEFIRST+, BEETHEFIRST+A, BEEINSCHOOL, BEEINSCHOOL A).
The helloBEEprusa is not supported because it is targeted at makers and thinkerers and it was designed to give the user a broader choice of software and hardware configurations.
I suggest you try the Slic3r slicer (http://slic3r.org/) to generate your gcode and Pronterface (http://www.pronterface.com/) to interact with your 3d printer (along with your LCD screen).
You can check the recommended Slic3r configuration here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=785

Cheers!

cropduster

Post by cropduster » 01 Dec 2019, 08:14

I am running my Prusa i3 mk3 with Octoprint, can I configure the same Octoprint instance to also connect to the BTF+? I don‘t use Octoprint for slicing, I just want to send gcode to the BTF+. So I don‘t need Beesoft or Beeweb on my raspberry pi probably.

Any suggestions?

Michael

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 02 Dec 2019, 16:23

Hello cropduster,

Unfortunately no, the Beethefirst printer uses a different communication scheme (in order to allow faster gcode transfer through USB) that the default octoprint does not support.

Best regards

cropduster

Post by cropduster » 09 Dec 2019, 09:14

Thank you!!

What about Repetier Server? Can it be connected to that one for pushing gcode to the printer?

Thx,

Michael

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 10 Dec 2019, 11:07

Hi Michael,

As I mentioned before the printer does not use the default communication scheme, as far as I know currently no software other than beesoft that can communicate with BEETHEFIRST line of printers.

Best regards