Octoprint bed visualizer question

This new DIY 3D printer kit is a result of a vast market research and hours of development and engineering. It is an open source project, which means this is a versatile product that you can build upon and make it your own.
finas

Octoprint bed visualizer question

Post by finas » 13 Jan 2020, 12:41

What are the commands I should configure in octoprint's bed visualizer plugin?

I am currently using these:
M155 S30
@BEDLEVELVISUALIZER
M420 V
M155 S3

Also, can I use the bed visualizer output to manually level the bed ( by adjusting the four corner screws of the bed ) so that the autolevel feature has to correct as little as possible, and how important to print quality is this?

finally, I tried to do just that, and while the corners are almost at the same z height, like 0.03 deviation the center is not, and I am using a glass bed, meaning it should be almost perfectly flat. Why is this happening?

This is the current output of bed visualizer:
newplot.png
newplot.png (48.67 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

NMGMarques

Re: Octoprint bed visualizer question

Post by NMGMarques » 30 Apr 2020, 16:21

Hummmm... Did you ever get this to work?

NMGMarques

Re: Octoprint bed visualizer question

Post by NMGMarques » 04 May 2020, 15:36

Just in case anyone else ends up having a problem with this, today while setting up a webcam to check on my prints, I noticed that the two Z axes were not at the same height. The transverse rods on which the extruder carriage moves was higher to my right than to the left. So I pulled the right side down by manually rotation the screw while locking the left-hand side screw in place. When the extruder barely touched the A4 paper I had on the bed, I moved the extruder head to the other side and repeated the process, till the head was barely touching on that end. Then did the same to both side on the front of the glass.

In the end, my Z axes screws were over 7mm apart. That's why I was seeing my Z axes move so much when I printed.
Now, I still have almost 2,5mm according to bed leveler, but it's better and the Z screws don't move as much. I'll improve this over time.