Got mine up and running

This new DIY 3D printer kit is a result of a vast market research and hours of development and engineering. It is an open source project, which means this is a versatile product that you can build upon and make it your own.
RickRick

Got mine up and running

Post by RickRick » 16 Nov 2018, 19:00

Well mine is built and sat next to its older brother.
I found some bits in the manual hard to follow, built the X a is components wrong and was hard to figure out. self test took a bit to figure out too and seemed to struggle with the Y axis a little and I think the glass might be moving a touch

That said off to a good start time for the tweeking
Attachments
20181116_185743.jpg
20181116_185743.jpg (4.54 MiB) Viewed 236 times

RickRick

Re: Got mine up and running

Post by RickRick » 16 Nov 2018, 19:02

Excuse the mess
Attachments
20181116_185737.jpg
20181116_185737.jpg (4.52 MiB) Viewed 235 times

Gurash

Post by Gurash » 17 Nov 2018, 14:59

I also have finished my new Printer. At the moment, the first test file is printing:

I have to fight with 3 Problems, the first was the orientation of the cables for the LCD and SD Card.
First I have it plugged like shown in the Video/Manual, but this don´t work, turning it 180° was the key

WRONG ORIENTATION

My second Problem was the NTC, solderd on (in) the heat bed. One side of the SMD don´t get soldered, even with
Flux and scratching. So ich decide to swap it to an old "glascoil" NTC i have laying around.

The third Problem was an stucking X and Y Axis by autoleveling the bed. I increased the driver current and the
axis run smooth with no stucking.

Greetings from Germany

tiagofgs

Post by tiagofgs » 23 Nov 2018, 15:30

@RickRick, I'm glad to see you've already assembled your B2X300! Congratulations!
I found some bits in the manual hard to follow, built the X a is components wrong and was hard to figure out. self test took a bit to figure out too and seemed to struggle with the Y axis a little and I think the glass might be moving a touch
Can you point the bits on the manual that you struggled? We're constantly trying to improve the assembly experience, your input will be very valuable to us.

Speaking of things to change in the Assembly Manual, can I suggest you change the way the cable from the heated bed is placed? :D
We found that, if you pass the cable right below the heated bed and the bed frame coming out on the left-hand side, do a loop and then pass it between the frame and the control-board, the cable stays neatly in place and doesn't restrict the movement of the Y-axis.
Check it out:
ezgif-5-fc9daaefbb5d.gif
ezgif-5-fc9daaefbb5d.gif (3.27 MiB) Viewed 175 times
Have you already upgraded your firmware?

Greetings!
BEEVERYCREATIVE
Research and Development Team

tiagofgs

Post by tiagofgs » 23 Nov 2018, 16:10

Hi @Gurash, I'm glad you assembled your B2X300 as well, congratulations! I'm sorry you had some trouble setting the printer up.
the orientation of the cables for the LCD and SD Card. First I have it plugged like shown in the Video/Manual, but this don´t work, turning it 180° was the key
Yeah, this part needs to be explained better in the Assembly Manual. Each of your LCD cables should have one connector with a small polarizing key and the other connector where the key was removed. The polarized connector should go on the LCD and the not-polarized connector should go on the control-board. The Assembly Manual shows the place where the red stripe of the cable should be:
Screenshot from 2018-11-23 15-42-44.png
Screenshot from 2018-11-23 15-42-44.png (63.78 KiB) Viewed 174 times
My second Problem was the NTC, solderd on (in) the heat bed. One side of the SMD don´t get soldered, even with
Flux and scratching. So ich decide to swap it to an old "glascoil" NTC i have laying around.
I'm sorry to hear that, I guess that was a production problem. When that happens, please contact the Customer Service at customer_service@beeverycreative.com to see what they could do. :) Have you placed thermal paste on the glass bead to help conduct the heat from the glass to the sensor?
The third Problem was an stucking X and Y Axis by autoleveling the bed. I increased the driver current and the
axis run smooth with no stucking.
That could happen on the first movements of the printer. Have you applied the supplied oil to the guides? I believe the default current on the X and Y stepper motors was defined too low initially but there is a new firmware update that fixes that.

How do you find the printing quality on your printer?

Cheers!
BEEVERYCREATIVE
Research and Development Team