What If we could start on that failure point?

This new DIY 3D printer kit is a result of a vast market research and hours of development and engineering. It is an open source project, which means this is a versatile product that you can build upon and make it your own.
Mic_Hazelburn

What If we could start on that failure point?

Post by Mic_Hazelburn » 17 Sep 2019, 13:02

Hello friends,

I recently had a misprint - after 1d 6h 35m printing time. Not only was it very annoying, especially because it was printed with a special angle, but also because so much time had already gone by.

Is not there a way to re-position exactly where the error is originated?
I have the idea that you can directly approach the point in the file and then start over again.

In theory, would a G-code, in which I do not set a start sequence, start exactly where I want it after I hit "print"?

Imagine that you could select the 200th layer in the file and print from there on. Is that possible somehow?

In my case, the printing was almost done when I got home - but 3h before, it only printed garbage because it had a little stuck in the nozzle.

Oh yeah and of course, I used oil for my filter and so on - I know that tweak stuff ^^. But after such a long print, it does not matter if oil was in the filter or not. :lol:

What do you think?

DomingosRodrigues

Re: What If we could start on that failure point?

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 18 Sep 2019, 10:27

Hi Mic_Hazelburn,

that is a really good idea, as soon as I can I will see if that is possible to implement in the firmware of the machine of the B2X300 as a advanced option, I suppose if the original profiles are used we could skip to the correct position, the only caveat being you need to know the exact layer the failure happened and that can be tricky.

In the meantime you can edit your Gcode deleting everything between the end of the start Gcode and the Start of the layer you want, mind that Cura uses comments to identify layers but it's number is the real layer -1, for example layer nº10 is commented as ";LAYER:9".

As far as the oil the sponge if well soaked can last up to about a week of printing in my experience :)

Best regards