Y axis moving on the opposite direction

BEESOFT is the software that controls your BEETHEFIRST and BEEINSCHOOL line of 3D printers
DavidLopesC

Post by DavidLopesC » 02 Jul 2019, 10:51

Hi.
My Hello bee prusa was working fine for a long time and randomly the y axis is reversed.
When I start printing it travels on the opposite direction of the sensor. Also happening on 'Auto-home'.
A strange thing is that even manually clicking on the Y sensor the sensor light turns red but the axis keeps moving. Looks like it's not recognizing the sensor.
The printer is keeped on a restricted area of a school but i've already put the possibility of some student touching a cable. But I can't detect anything different.
Despite a loud and agressive noise when the y axis collide with the printer structure, It's doing fine prints.

Can you please help me?

Thanks a lot for your attention.
David Cardoso

DomingosRodrigues

Re: Y axis moving on the opposite direction

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 03 Jul 2019, 12:33

Hello David,

To fix this issue we first need to discover it's source so I would recommend doing the following one by one testing again between them:
- Firmware, reinstall the latest firmware for the printer
- Does the endstop LED react when you press it?
- Have you verified every cable on the mother board is according to the manual? If not please do so noting the orientation of the cables.
- Try using the recommended slicer with it's attached profiles ( available here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=785 ) to generate the gcode, there can be a error on the Gcode.
- Did you upgrade or modify you printer's stepper drivers? The newer A4988 stepper drivers (green chips instead of purple) or even Trinamic chips (usally black/white) have a diferent movement option and might require a different firmware configuration, please reply back with a picture of you printer motherboard so I can try and help you configure it correctly.

Being that the machine has been used for a long time and is used in a school environment it should probably receive some maintenance, if you cant fix the issue I would suggest contacting customer_service@beeverycreative.com to schedule a maintenance and tuneup to get the printer printing better than ever :)

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

Kamdype

Post by Kamdype » 06 Aug 2019, 09:27

i have the same problem, what was the reason for this? Jop, i can move the Z axis and X axis independently using the Manual Controls. Is it real a Problem of the Gcode?

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 07 Aug 2019, 18:32

Hello Kamdype,

Have you tried the suggestion I made on the previous post?

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

Avesnorer

Post by Avesnorer » 15 Sep 2019, 09:49

The crazy x-axis issue has popped up for other people as well, including me. It has hit me for the 4th time already. Im getting tired of opening this thing and messing with the software.

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 16 Sep 2019, 17:29

Hello Avesnorer,

Can you please explain what is happening so we can help?

If the X axis of your BEETHEFIRST isn't working please contact customer_service@beeverycreative.com

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues