New Build Power Issue (US)

This new DIY 3D printer kit is a result of a vast market research and hours of development and engineering. It is an open source project, which means this is a versatile product that you can build upon and make it your own.
Thelaunster

New Build Power Issue (US)

Post by Thelaunster » 24 Apr 2019, 00:24

Hello everyone! I don't know if the units are done by sequential serial numbers, B2X300 #306 here.

Just finished building mine, but it arrived with a T4L250V Fuse and a PSU power cord terminating to an EU plug.

I happen to have US spec PSU power cords at 10A 125V , but I suspect they are not working because I probably need a new fuse. Has anyone else run into this? I emailed support, but I'm guessing I need a 5x20mm 10A 125V Fuse?

srodrigues

Re: New Build Power Issue (US)

Post by srodrigues » 24 Apr 2019, 18:08

Hello Thelaunster!

Thank you for contacting us. The costumer service shall enter in contact with you soon (please take into account that tomorrow is a national holiday in Portugal, our country, which can lead to some delay).

We are using the same fuse for both the 110VAC and 230VAC situations, and the security issue you raised was accounted for, which means you do not need to use a different fuse.

Can you please check if the fuse is burnt? In the socket of the power supply there should be a spare fuse that you can use to get your B2X300 up and running.

Happy printing,
Sílvia, from BEEVERYCREATIVE

Thelaunster

Re: New Build Power Issue (US)

Post by Thelaunster » 24 Apr 2019, 18:39

I swapped in the spare fuse ( I didn't notice it at first) and now I am good to go!
Thanks! My cord works.