Outer wall - Cura

This new DIY 3D printer kit is a result of a vast market research and hours of development and engineering. It is an open source project, which means this is a versatile product that you can build upon and make it your own.
raven

Outer wall - Cura

Post by raven » 16 Apr 2019, 09:40

Hello,
I was printing a model and the outer walls came out like the picture attached.

I reviewed the layers and the printer movement within cura and the marks on the outer wall were coincident with a printer movement change. I checked, as far as my knowledge goes (which isn't much :) ), and all the options on the profile to prevent this seem to be activated.

Do you have any ideas to solve this?

Thank you
Best regards

tjlqk3

Re: Outer wall - Cura

Post by tjlqk3 » 16 Apr 2019, 20:19

It looks like the retraction is not quite set right. What are your current settings for that and what material and temperature as well.

raven

Post by raven » 16 Apr 2019, 21:55

I'm using PLA (BVC) at 205ºC 4,5mm retraction distance, 40mm/s speed and 60mm/s prime speed, retraction minimum travel 0.55mm...and son on. I'm using B2X300 default profile for cura.

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 17 Apr 2019, 14:38

Hello raven,

that seems to be the seamline ( no pun intended :P ), aka where the printer moves from one layer to another, usually cura lines that up with a corner on the item making it almost invisible, is some geometries like this one it cant find a correct place so it is placed almost randomly, you can force it to be on a part of the model which it is less noticeable and align them.

Another thing that helps reducing the size of the seam is enabling combing, reducing the travel jerk to 4 and setting "outer wall wipe distance" to 1mm.

Best regards