Printing with PETG

General discussion, news and announcements
Alxleitao

Printing with PETG

Post by Alxleitao » 11 Mar 2019, 14:58

Hi Guys,

Anybody using PETG? Just bought a spool and I'm going to use it for some specific things.

Any issues printing it on a B2X300?

And any tips or tricks? I heard I can't (and shouldn't) print directly on the glass bed so... Blue painter's tape?

DomingosRodrigues

Re: Printing with PETG

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 12 Mar 2019, 19:12

Hi Alxleitão,

I have used arround 300g of transparent PETG and arround 200g white PETG on the B2X300, with no problem, I used the default provided profile available here:
https://github.com/beeverycreative/B2X300-resources

Just ensure the printing temperature, hotend and bed is correct for you specific filament, the defalt values should work on most brands.

Also you might need to slightly increase the retraction distance from 4.5 to around 5.5 depending on the PETG brand to avoid minor stringing ( that can easily be cleaned with a box cutter.

Also ensure as with PLA that you have the filament oiler installed and correctly lubricated.

As for the print surface, use painter's tape, or buildtak. If you use some glue like elmers glue or any PVA based glue you can print directly on glass. Don't print straight onto the glass even if it has some hairspray as it is very likely that the print will rip a chunk of glass from the bed when cooling down.

Best regards