calibration and software problem

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
arnaudb94

calibration and software problem

Post by arnaudb94 » 12 Feb 2019, 20:58

Hello everyone,

I have some problem with the z offset of my printer.
It worked correctly but i might have done something wrong because now, after the calibration, at the beggining of the print my extruder just go to much down. I am forced to abort the print or it will make some serious damage to my printer.
The same problem arrived when I used the "set nozzle height" program of the printer.

It is well calibrate with the end stop things. I have tried different STL format.
I think that the problem is due to the software of the printer. I do not understand it very well...

It used to work so I don't wath i have touched.. I have tried to instal another time the software but it hasn't change anything.

Thank you for your help.

DomingosRodrigues

Re: calibration and software problem

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 13 Feb 2019, 09:45

Hello arnaudb94,

do you have autocallibration addon? the set nozzle heigh option should only appear with it installed, otherwise you have the wrong version of the firmware on your machine.

If you do have the autocallibration addonyou should remove your Z axis endstop as the autocalibration module acts like the endstop. Use the function on the LCD to reset the printers settings (this helps if you defined a incorrect offset as the printer by default moves to the old offset position), on "Control" > "Restore failsafe", and then use set nozzle height to adjust the correct height.

Best regards

arnaudb94

Post by arnaudb94 » 13 Feb 2019, 10:06

Hello,

No I don't have the autocallibration addon! that must be the problem.
Wath should I do?

Also I was asking myself, wath makes the Z calibration? The end stop or something in the software?
Because I used to do it with only the endstop, but after the firmware upgrade I was also able to do it with the softawre.. Maybe I have the wrong version..

Thank you for your quick reply :)

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 13 Feb 2019, 17:31

Hi,

You need to reinstall the latest firmware available, follow the procedure shown on page 9 through 13 of the Fixes document available here:
download/file.php?id=62

After finishing the update you should go to the printer menu on "Control" and choose the option "Restore failsafe" to make sure all the correct values are reloaded to the printer's configuration memory.

After installing the firmware the set nozzle height option should disappear but there should still be a option to "Level bed" on which you adjust the height for 9 points on the bed, the printer then uses those 9 points to correct for the curvature of the buildplate. The height at which you print deppends on the Z endstop and you must adjust it before using the "Level bed" option to avoid moving the Z endstop during adjustment (as you can force it to go 2mm lower than the endstop trigger position on the level bed procedure).
Put in other words the endstop determines the zero of the Z axis, the "level bed" option then ensures that your print will adhere on all the buildplate :)

If you do not use the "Level bed" option after using "Restore failsafe" the printer will work as it did before, only adjusting the Z endstop, but using the 9 point callibration is recommended.

Best regards

arnaudb94

Post by arnaudb94 » 13 Feb 2019, 20:42

Hi,

I have make all the things you say and I don't have the set nozzle height option anymore.

I have made the Level Bed option but the 9 points do not have the same value.
Do i have to level the bed so the 9 point have the same value or is the printer adjusting is Z height in functions of my values?

Thank you!

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 14 Feb 2019, 10:35

Hello,

The printer will automatically adjust the Z height to match the adjustments you made, so no extra tweaking is needed once adjusted.

Happy prints :D