Can't update firmware?

BEETHEFIRST is a professional, easy to use and portable 3D printer
ben.ebden

Can't update firmware?

Post by ben.ebden » 23 Apr 2019, 18:22

Hey all

I just got the beethefirst. When I load the beesoft software it tells me that there is new firmware available and to restart the printer.

I turn the printer off and on then reconnect, it just keeps telling me the same message... How do I update the firmware?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

DomingosRodrigues

Re: Can't update firmware?

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 23 Apr 2019, 18:31

Hello Ben,

Please try restarting both Beesoft and the Printer and see if that works. The printer need to be disabled about 10 seconds to allows its power supply to completely discharge and to do a full restart.

If that does not work try resetting the printer settings using this option:
BEESOFT RESET.PNG
BEESOFT RESET.PNG (8.75 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
After this restart both Beesoft and the printer.

If after that it still does not upgrade please contact customer_service@beeverycreative.com so we can do a teamviewer and analyse what is happening.

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

ben.ebden

Post by ben.ebden » 23 Apr 2019, 18:54

Thanks - tried that, turned it off for 15 seconds - it just repeats the message

Trying to load filament and there are no options under "select your filament" - not looking good so far

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 23 Apr 2019, 19:01

Hi Ben,

If that is the case follow the other instruction I sent on resetting the printer. When the filament dont show up it means the internal memory of the printer is incompatible with your Beesoft edition, resetting it should rebuild the necessary data, allowing you to use the printer even without updating the firmware in the meantime.

Are you using the latest Beesoft 4.0 release? available here https://beeverycreative.com/beesoft/

Best regards

ben.ebden

Post by ben.ebden » 23 Apr 2019, 19:08

DomingosRodrigues wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 19:01
Hi Ben,

If that is the case follow the other instruction I sent on resetting the printer. When the filament dont show up it means the internal memory of the printer is incompatible with your Beesoft edition, resetting it should rebuild the necessary data, allowing you to use the printer even without updating the firmware in the meantime.

Are you using the latest Beesoft 4.0 release? available here https://beeverycreative.com/beesoft/

Best regards
OK I have reset the printer - the filament types re-appeared (though my filament isn't on the list - A331)
It still doesn't allow me to update the firmware, this is exactly what I do:

Turn printer on - message comes up saying to restart printer
Turn printer off for 15 seconds
Turn printer on
Click connect
Message re-appears

Thanks for your help

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 23 Apr 2019, 19:16

Hello Ben,

If the message still appears there should be some other service that is running on your PC that is interfering with the firmware update, please contact customer_service@beeverycreative.com so we can do a remote assistance session to solve the issue :)
In the meantime you should e able to use the printer without any major issues.

Best regards

ben.ebden

Post by ben.ebden » 23 Apr 2019, 19:19

DomingosRodrigues wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 19:16
Hello Ben,

If the message still appears there should be some other service that is running on your PC that is interfering with the firmware update, please contact customer_service@beeverycreative.com so we can do a remote assistance session to solve the issue :)
In the meantime you should e able to use the printer without any major issues.

Best regards
OK so my steps above are the correct way to update the firmware? I do need to click connect after turning the printer off and on again yes?

I have just gone through all calibration and now it won't print - I need to reset to factory settings again...
Last edited by ben.ebden on 23 Apr 2019, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 23 Apr 2019, 19:28

Try restarting beesoft when you restart the printer the printer, that might help.But most likely some other program or service you have on your PC is interfering in the communication with the printer during boot.
Nonetheless you can try reconnecting after resetting, but the printer should automatically reconnect if you restart Beesoft when you restart the printer.

Best regards
Domingos Rodrigues

ben.ebden

Post by ben.ebden » 23 Apr 2019, 19:34

I think I will be returning this - it now won't print, the button does nothing.

I spent over an hour calibrating it and now need to reset it to factory settings again

DomingosRodrigues

Post by DomingosRodrigues » 23 Apr 2019, 19:39

Hi Ben,

Once again, please contact customer_service@beeverycreative.com there is something wrong going on, it appear to be on the software side and we need to perform some tests on both your PC and printer to be able to help you.

Best regards