Use of the new printing materials and is the BTF (not +) still supported?

BEETHEFIRST is a professional, easy to use and portable 3D printer
Gabor

Use of the new printing materials and is the BTF (not +) still supported?

Post by Gabor » 18 Oct 2017, 12:49

I own a BTF (not +) and would like to take advantage of the new Materials. Is there a way to upgrade my existing machine to handle those?

Also, I am getting the impression that the support for my machine has reached its premature end. Most documentation only refers to the newer + version, even when it would also apply to the previous machine, like the external spool holder. For a machine at that price point, I expect a bit more than just a couple of months of support time.

MrDoom

Re: Use of the new printing materials and is the BTF (not +) still supported?

Post by MrDoom » 19 Oct 2017, 14:15

Hello,

as far as I know the BTF+ is the same printer only upgraded for better reliability/ more material compatibility so most of the documentation should be relative to both printers.
As for other materials I believe the BTF can print them only they are not officially supported and as such no profile is available and there can be complications such as extruder jams etc... You have to use a Slicer, for example Cura, to generate the correct gcode configured for the filament you want and then send it to the machine.

https://beeverycreative.com/6-simple-st ... d-printer/

Gabor

Post by Gabor » 28 Oct 2017, 14:30

MrDoom, thank you very much for the suggestion to use a different slicer. I want to try out some of the obvious choices, including Cura. I will report my experiences in this forum.

It is very regretful that there is no response to my questions from the side of Beeverycreative. Especially, about the question if there is any upgrade possible for the BeeTheFirst.
However, the lack of reaction does answer my question, if there is still support avilable for the BeeTheFirst.

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 30 Oct 2017, 12:42

Have you tried contacting them directly, not through the forum?