[SOLVED] Nothing but problems (extruder maintenance issues)

BEETHEFIRST is a professional, easy to use and portable 3D printer
Locked
ilovenoche
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 Jan 2016, 02:05

[SOLVED] Nothing but problems (extruder maintenance issues)

Post by ilovenoche » 01 Jan 2016, 02:11

I've tried everything to get this thing to work and nothing has been successful. I tried removing the nozzle because I couldn't get anything to come out and now the nozzle is stuck. The nozzle won't even budge. In trying to get the nozzle off, I put a hole in the blower. I have tried contacting support, but they are useless. I don't know what to do, except maybe throw this thing in the garbage.

Filipe

Re: Nothing but problems

Post by Filipe » 02 Jan 2016, 10:30

Hello,

Well, I have one, and it's working well. So far, only had to change the nozzle once :)

Can you PM the details you contacted customer support to check your case with them?

If your nozzle is clogged, you need to do things step by step, or you will end up damaging the extruder or something.

Did you follow the tutorial in BEESOFT to change the nozzle? It's in Maintenance, and last option "Replace Nozzle".

Edit: Please describe exactly what happened to cause the problem, so I can try to help you the best I can.

ilovenoche
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 Jan 2016, 02:05

Re: Nothing but problems

Post by ilovenoche » 03 Jan 2016, 04:45

This is what I wrote to support
Printing would start ok then nothing would come out. I watched the video on extruder maintenance and it started to work again. I got it to extrude filament like the instructions on the software indicated. I was using a pc with Windows 10 and the printer would constantly go offline. Some of the print would time out. I installed the software on my mac with the latest os and noticed it was much more stable. Tried to print but nothing came out of the nozzle. Tried to clear it but couldn't. Followed instructions on nozzle replacement but it wouldn't budge turning it towards me. Tried to see if I could get it to turn in the other direction and the hot cube-like piece touched it.
They asked for pics so I sent some. Not sure how to post pics here otherwise I'd include what I sent.
This is the reply I got
Thank you for your reply and for sending us more detailed information.
From what we understand from the pictures you kindly sent us, while unscrewing the nozzle, the metal block moved and touched the blower.
In order to try rectify this situation, we suggest that you move the metal block where the nozzle is towards the metal plate. This is to make sure that when you unscrew the nozzle (notice that this is counterclockwise direction), the thing that moves is the nozzle and not the metal block.
We have available in our website a maintenance kit that has cleaning needles and two spare nozzles, as well as the appropriate spanner to remove the nozzle:
https://beeverycreative.com/3d-printing ... ies-plugs/
How long do you have the BEETHEFIRST? When you see that the extruder not loading filament, you can also see t the motor of the extruder and the extruder fan are working.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Let us know how you managed to follow the procedures we suggested.
This information does not solve the fact that i still have a hole in the blower and the nozzle is still stuck. cant replace the nozzle if one is still on there. i cant make purchases off of the website because i am in the US. there are a few stores that sell the maintenance kit. however, I have ordered from 3 different places and all 3 have cancelled my order, stating that my order could not be fulfilled. i got a call from one of them that informed me that they were contacted by beecreative and were told there was a quality control issue. even if i did get the nozzle off, i couldn't replace it. i refuse to pay the ridiculous shipping cost that i was quoted by the sales team. i asked the sales team if there were distributors in the US and they said that they don't.
every step ive made i made sure to read the instructions and watch the videos. nothing has been as seamless as what is shown online. i have no idea on what to do next and i just want it to work. i haven't had a single thing print to completion, not one.

Filipe

Re: Nothing but problems

Post by Filipe » 03 Jan 2016, 10:17

Can you please post the pictures?
(follow this link https://beeverycreative.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=1&t=80)

So I can see what the customer service was able to see.

Regarding the sites selling the kit, can't really answer for them.

And postage is very expensive from the US to Portugal, not to mention possible customs tax, so the same applies the other way around.

Keep talking with Customer Service. These problems are not all easily resolved, but I am sure a solution can be found.

After the pictures, I can try to help the best I can. I have changed the nozzle in mine, and it worked well, but when I was tightening it, I also moved a part, and they explained me how to position it correctly, and it is working well for months now.

Filipe

Re: Nothing but problems

Post by Filipe » 07 Jan 2016, 09:27

Did you have any progress with this issue?

Filipe

Re: Nothing but problems

Post by Filipe » 08 Jan 2016, 09:30

I asked Customer Service if they had any feedback on this issue, and was told the issue was resolved.

Glad they clarified you about proper extruder maintenance :)

If you need anything else, please contact them again.

Best regards

ilovenoche
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 Jan 2016, 02:05

Re: [SOLVED] Nothing but problems (extruder maintenance issues)

Post by ilovenoche » 08 Jan 2016, 20:03

SUPER HAPPY!!!!! You guys have great customer service. Will be ordering a new extruder and thanks for throwing in the maintenance kit. Shipping is a bit expensive, but I understand since I'm in the US.

Thanks for solving my problem. I think the pricing for the extruder is definitely reasonable.

Take care,

Tiff

Locked