Post by xeloader » 25 Aug 2018, 13:54

Hi there!

First things firsts, system specs.
Printer Beethefirst "old"
Firmware Installed MSFT-BEETHEFIRST-10.1.0
Computer Raspberry Pi 3+
OS Raspbian Stretch Lite

I've got two questions.

1) I'm currently trying to install BeeWeb on a Raspberry Pi but I can't get it to work. It says "Connecting" in the Web UI and nothing happens. The debug messages in the console says something about the USB device doesn't have a "langId". I could connect to the Printer via https://github.com/beeverycreative/BeePythonConsole and it says "connected" and "BTF old", I could send reprap commands, that's how I got the firmware version.

2) Is there any way to connect Beethefirst via the original Octoprint without using the "BeeWeb" application? When I try to connect Octoprint cant find any printers. Is there some linux path (ex "/dev/serial1") for the printer? Is there any drivers that I should install?

Thank you,
Victor

mgomes

Re: RPi Cant connect BeeWeb + Octoprint Support

Post by mgomes » 27 Aug 2018, 12:34

Hi xeloader,

We will help you get the BEEweb up and running but we first need to advice you of some things:
    • BEEweb is a the base of our BEESOFT4 and and currently it does not support ARM Lunix systems. It works, but it lacks some functionality.
    • From the version of the firmware, I can see that you are using BEESOFT 3.15 for win10 systems. This is an unstable version and it won't be compatible with using the printer with BEEweb/BEEDSOFT4. Therefore we advise you to install the latest BEESOFT4 software on your computer before procinding.
    • BEEweb will run on raspberry pi (RPI), and have some of its connectivity features, however it won't be able to slice STL models. You can however print gcode files stored in the RPI
    • Any support should be given using this forum.
    If you agree with these conditions then I advice you to follow the following steps:
    • Your RPI will start in ad-hoc mode. The password is beeconfig
    • Connect to the BeeAP network and go to 10.0.0.1/wifi to configure your wifi network
    • You can then log into your BeeWeb and upgrade it.
    • You can access it through ssh using the raspbian user and password. User: pi Pass: raspberry
    BEEVERYCREATIVE
    Research and Development Team

xeloader

Post by xeloader » 28 Aug 2018, 18:12

Thank you so much! It works great, except some small bugs. Thought I would mention some of them here.

1) Couldn't install the image on a raspberry pi 3+, it booted up with a rainbow screen. Fixed it by installing on a raspberry pi model 3 instead so no biggie.

2) For some reason I can't select "filament" type, the dropdown menu is empty, and the response from the server is "internal server error 500" when checking the developer console.

3) I can't "sign in", or press the button for signing in. Nothing happens. I'm trying this from Google Chrome, version 68 on a Mac.

4) Is there any way to access the original octoprint UI? Would love to be able to change the nozzle temperature and see the webcam stream without having multiple tabs open.

Once again, thanks for the fast response
    Victor

mgomes

Post by mgomes » 10 Sep 2018, 14:19

Hi Victor,

There is no way to easily access the original OctoPrint UI.

Have you upgraded the version after starting the RPI?

The development of a RPI image was abandoned a long time ago, due to incompatibility with recent curaengine versions. There is no guarantee that all the features will work. However basic printer access (like send code commands, start prints, temperature monitoring) should work.
    BEEVERYCREATIVE
    Research and Development Team

xeloader

Post by xeloader » 14 Sep 2018, 08:20

Thank you for your help!

I understand that the project is abandoned because of cura, even though I love the idea of having a remotely connected raspberry pi to control and monitor the prints from distance.

Would love to see the project resurrected, and especially to have some sort of webcam feed in the beesoft ui (as we have a rpi camera available).

Anyhow, thank you for all your help.

Victor