How to make PT100 work on HelloBeeprusa

The versatility of an entry-level 3D printer, engineered to last.
By BEEVERYCREATIVE and Hello 3D Printing World
Goh Guo Dong

How to make PT100 work on HelloBeeprusa

Post by Goh Guo Dong » 12 Jul 2017, 07:09

i have tried changing to PT100 sensor but to no avail. Connections were done according to the image below

i did according to the instruction from https://wiki.e3d-online.com/wiki/E3D_PT ... umentation.
changed the number to 3
#define TEMP_0_PIN 3
in the pin.h, and also added
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 20

However, the firmware didn't seem to be configured correctly as Maxtemp error appeared. I found out that the temperature reading was as high as 1100 degree celcius but the nozzle was still at room temperature. i guess that explain why the maxtemp error appeared.

May i know if anybody has experience in changing to PT100, do let me know how you configure the firmware and how your connections are done.

thanks.

MrDoom

Re: How to make PT100 work on HelloBeeprusa

Post by MrDoom » 12 Jul 2017, 10:18

Hello, I'm not sure about the helloBEEprusa in specific, but I think your error is that you are defining the wrong port, or connecting in the wrong place, the tutorial you followed is for RAMPS 1.4 and the prusa has a MKS gen board so I'm not sure the same ports have the same names.
Other than that it should work, have you tried the pt100 amplifier on any other board/using a multimeter to check if the output of the amplifier is correct? If the ports are the same it might be deffective

Goh Guo Dong

Post by Goh Guo Dong » 12 Jul 2017, 10:36

MrDoom wrote:Hello, I'm not sure about the helloBEEprusa in specific, but I think your error is that you are defining the wrong port, or connecting in the wrong place, the tutorial you followed is for RAMPS 1.4 and the prusa has a MKS gen board so I'm not sure the same ports have the same names.
Other than that it should work, have you tried the pt100 amplifier on any other board/using a multimeter to check if the output of the amplifier is correct? If the ports are the same it might be deffective
Thanks for replying to this post.

I also think I didnt select the correct port. I have checked the readout using multimeter and it was around 1.17v, which is quite reasonable. So very likely it is due to the wrong selection of port. However, I have no idea which pin corresponds to which pin number. Any idea where I can get the infomation?

MrDoom

Post by MrDoom » 12 Jul 2017, 16:53

I'm not sure if this is correct as I neve used the boar this way but you can search for MKS gen pinout and find something like this: